So I finally went in to see the doctor for my lower back issues. I was fully expecting him to tell me that the source of my pain was from a shoe Regina broke off in my ass during a WOD but Lo and behold, it was not. The Doc said and I quote "Crossfitters put a heavy load on their body and it even becomes more difficult for someone a little.....(trails off here)
Older Doc. You can say it. I'm old. 41yrs and 8 months to be exact. I'm comfortable with my age. I actually tell people I'm 60 because I look freakin great for 60. While I am on the topic of uncomfortable sentences, there were a few others that were said during this back cracking session I didn't expect such as....
- "Ummm I know why my pants are off Doc but why are yours?"
- "Are you using the whole fist Doc?"
- "If you're gonna grab me like that you could at least buy me a cup of coffee first or talk dirty a little."
- "I'm not comfortable lying on this table without an Asian girl in the room and soft music playing."
- "Why is there a sign in the lobby that says "Truckers Welcome"?"
- "Don't take it personally Doc. The erection just means you did a good job"
- "You know I'm gonna blog about this later right?"
Long story short, I feel better already and scheduled a followup appointment (or second date depending on your perspective) for next week. My back cracked 3 ways past Sunday and feels pretty good. I think if I am going to continue to Crossfit I will need to do this every 2-4 weeks so I can continue to make progress and stay pain free. Time will tell....
Disclaimer: The doc is a fellow Crossfitter & a friend. He in no way gives rub and tugs for a living...........................................(to my knowledge)